Update Rollup 8 for System Center 2016 Orchestrator has been released
Microsoft has released Update Rollup 8 for System Center 2016 Orchestrator.
According to Microsoft this issues are fixed with UR8 for SCO 2016:
- Runbook performing SQL query activity returns NULL value for the Time and XML column.
- Exporting and Importing runbooks into upgraded SCO environment returns empty catalogue value in the properties for query database activity.
- Unable to perform checkout, delete, or rename operations on runbooks when user SID is longer than 50 characters.
- Orchestrator now depends upon Microsoft OLE DB driver for SQL server instead of SQLNCLI.
Additonally the issues with “Monitor Date/Time” Activity from Update Rollup 7 and 6 are fixed.
You can obtain the Update from Microsoft Update Catalog (But before read the “Important” section below!): http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=4518887
Important: Before you install this update, make sure the new SQL driver (MSOLEDBSQL) is installed on the Management server role. And after the Update you must run “Data Store Configuration again”.
One more reason not to use automatic Windows Update for Orchestrator Updates.
If Microsoft OLE DB Driver 18 for SQL Server is not istalled:
- You get “Connection Error: The Server threw an exception.” opening Runbook Designer.
- If you use Data Store Configuration to setup a new connection you get “Error: Could not connect to the specified database server. Message: ” (with empty Message).
- Orchestrator Runbook Service fails to start.
I recommend to manual install the updates on Management Server, Runbook Server(s) and Runbook Designer(s) and use not automatic Windows Update for this.
The updates should be installed close in time but an order for updating the components is not necessary.
After the Update Designer, Management Sever and Runbook Server should have Version 7.3.327.0 .
Beside the updates for SCO 2016 Microsoft released updates for the following System Center 2016 components:
- Data Protection Manager (SCDPM)
- Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Service Manager (SCSM)
- Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM)